Reiss Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated experienced engineering graduate to work under the guidance of an experienced engineer performing planning, design and construction projects associated with municipal water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure systems in our Orlando or Tampa office.
Exceptional benefits package and very competitive salary offered with the opportunity to work on rewarding projects alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. At Reiss, you can apply your skills to some of Florida’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects to advance your career.•
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, tests and aerial photographs to plan and design projects.
- Manages and assists in the coordination of projects tasks with respect to scope, pricing, schedule, budget, and project staffing.
- Originate outlines, prepares or supervise the writing of reports,
- Prepares engineering related calculations, develop drawings and specifications, plans and construction details or designs for municipal utility water and wastewater projects.
- Estimates manpower needs. May coordinate the work of less experienced engineers, technical assistant drafters, and others who may assist in specific assignments.
- Assist with field work. Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree, M.S. preferred in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 1-5 Years of Experience in Hydraulic Modeling/Engineering for Municipal Utilities (Water/Wastewater)
- Experience with the following software programs (WaterCAD, InfoWater, ArcGis, MS Office and Adobe Acrobat)
- Work well in multidisciplinary team environments and ability to meet deadline
- Must have strong oral presentation skills and strong written communication skills
- Ability to obtain PE within 6 months.